Easy 1200 Calorie Keto Diet Meal Plan
It is no news that the keto or ketogenic diet can be a great way to lose weight but even keto meals require careful planning to help you lose weight. It can also be difficult to eat a ketogenic diet on 1200 calories a day since fat carries so much more calories, but sometimes doesn’t make you feel satiated.
Who is this diet for?
The 1200 calorie diet is for people who want to shed weight (1-2 pounds a week) using this low carb high-fat diet. Although this Keto diet menu can work for anyone, it is ideal for people being introduced to the concept of Keto diet, who needs an easy Keto Meal plan to get started.
A lot of times, when people are trying to lose weight, they don’t pay attention to the number of calories they are consuming so no matter how long you’re on keto, if you don’t take the right amount of calories, your weight loss will stall.
Our 1200 calorie diet follows the rules of 5% carbs, 20% protein and 75% fat macos. With 3 main meals and 1 snack, with a few different options available.
However, before starting on any kind of diet/major diet change, make sure to consult your doctor.
We created this keto meal plan to be as substantial as possible while still maintaining the ideal macro balance. Here is our 1200 calorie keto meal plan:
2 Hard Boiled Eggs + Chia Seed Pudding
Total: 0.75g net carbs, 15g fat, 18.3g protein, 251 calories
Eggs (You can cook 14 at the time to meal prep for the week)
1) Bring water with eggs to a boil and than turn off the heat
2) Let the eggs sit in the boiling water for 4-6 mins
3) Immediately put in ice cold water
Chia Seed Pudding (for 5 servings)
1) Combine 1/2 tsp of sweetener, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1/2 cup of chia seeds, 1.5 cup of unsweetened almond milk in a mason jar.
2) Leave in fridge overnight
3) Scoop out approx. 1/5th per serving and top with a few frozen blueberries (optional).
Total: 6g net carbs, 38g fat, 32g protein, 513 calories
Recipe: (for 5 servings)
1) Fry 500g of ground beef with 2 tbsp of butter till brown
2) Add 4 tsp of taco seasoning dissolved in water
3) Separate into 5 servings after liquid has boiled down
4) Top with 30g of tex mex cheese and jalapeño (We used 2 jalapeno’s for 5 servings, but adjust to your personal taste). At this step you can refrigerate till your ready to eat, we recommend prepping the other topping before serving.
5) In a bowl, add 2-3 chopped romaine leafs as the base and top with the ground beef, cheese and jalapeno mixture.
6) Top with 1/2 of a diced roma tomato, 1/2 diced avocado and season with salt and pepper.
Total: 8.5g net carbs, 18.4g fat, 24.9g protein, 291 calories
Recipe: (for 5 servings)
1) Use a spiralizer to turn 5 zucchini’s into a noodle shape.
2) Mince 5 cloves of garlic and add to a large pan (if your pan cannot fit 5 zucchini’s, split this recipe in half) with 4 tbsp of butter
3) After the garlic becomes fragrant, add 10 shrimps and cook for 2 minutes.
4) Add in some red pepper flakes to taste, juice of 1 lemon, 2 tsp of chicken powder dissolved in 1/2 cup of water, and finally the zucchini
5) Cook until the zucchini is soft (3-5 minutes) and the liquid has cooked down.
6) Add salt and pepper to taste.
7) Serve and top with 30g of cheese.
Snacks (Pick 1 Per Day)
1 Pepperoni Stick
Total: 3g net carbs, 14g fat, 8g protein
2 Squares of 90% Dark Chocolate
Total: 3.3g net carbs, 10.7g fat, 2g protein, 120 calories
Bell Pepper + Cream Cheese
Total: 7g net carbs, 10.9g fat, 5g protein, 170 calories
1oz of Brie
Total: 0 net carbs, 10.9g fat, 4g protein, 109 calories
Total Macro a Day Breakdown
Be The First To Know When We Launch!
Mealpop is currently in beta. Get first access and exclusive perks for being one of our early users. We’ll send occasional emails but no spam.